Sertoma Scholarships for Hearing Impaired Students
Scholarship title: Sertoma Scholarships for Hearing Impaired Students
Applicable Majors: All Fields of Study
The Sertoma Scholarships for Hearing Impaired Students offer 20 $1,000 scholarships to cover tuition, books and supplies for students who have a clinically significant bilateral hearing loss. The funds may be used for any term, including the summer term, during the awarded academic school year. This scholarship is made possible by the generous support from the members of Sertoma and Oticon, Inc.
- Student must have a minimum 40dB bilateral hearing loss as evidenced on audiogram by an SRT of 40dB or greater in both ears.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be either entering college on a full time basis or currently attending college on a full time basis at a college or university in the United States.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Graduate degrees, associates degrees, community colleges or vocational programs do not qualify
- Must have a minimum 3.2 GPA or be at least 85 percent in all courses. For high school students entering college, this is cumulative GPA for grades 9-11 and the first semester of 12th grade. For students currently at a freshman level in college it is cumulative GPA for grades 9-12 and first semester of college. For college students who are sophomores or higher it is your college transcript for all semesters completed.
- Must submit application and all required materials in single envelope by deadline date.
Please visit the sponsor's Web site for additional information and entry requirements.
Apply on their site